Thursday, February 12, 2015

JMS - Message Bridge

The message bridge in WebLogic is nice if you want to have communications between several JMS implementations, e.g.

  • different WebLogic Server versions
  • WebLogic and other JMS implementations (JBoss, GlassFish,...)
For this demo purpose, I will define message bridges between two WLS 12c domains.  I know that this setup is not the right one to demonstrate message bridges because therefore you'll have to use the Store-And-Forward (SAF) feature.
I will show the SAF feature in one of my following blog posts.

But to show you the architecture and implementation, I guess it is a good example.

This is the architecture of my setup:



On both domains, a JMS server must be created, a JMS module which contains a "Connection Factory" and a "Queue".

Source domain:


Target domain:



In the source domain, 2 "JMS Bridge Destinations" must be created and 1 overarching brigde:


The destination for the source:



The destination for the target:


And the combination of the 2 destinations:


From this moment (= creation of the bridge itself), WLS deploys automatically the correct resource adapter:



Now, we can test our setup.
I wrote a small web application that I deployed in the source domain (port 8001) to send messages to the source queue:


And I wrote a Java class that listens on the target queue deployed in the target domain.  If I push on the "Send Message" button in my web application, I see this output on my listener:

[oracle@wls12c2 jms]$ java QueueTargetReceive t3://wls12c2:8011
JMS Ready To Receive Messages (To quit, send a "quit" message).
Text Message Received: this is a test message 0
Text Message Received: this is a test message 1
Text Message Received: this is a test message 2
Text Message Received: this is a test message 3
Text Message Received: this is a test message 4
Text Message Received: this is a test message 5
Text Message Received: this is a test message 6
Text Message Received: this is a test message 7
Text Message Received: this is a test message 8
Text Message Received: this is a test message 9


Conclusion: my setup works successfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment